Sponsored Links

Hylton Motorsports driver Jill George of Cedar Falls, Iowa was treated and released from the Daytona International Speedway Infield Care Center following an incident on lap 25 of the Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200. She was making her first appearance in an ARCA Racing Series event and had raced her Hylton Motorsports Dodge Charger into the top 25.
George, a licensed chiropractor and NCAA Basketball Referee, spun in turn four of the high banked superspeedway as she tried to avoid the wreckage of Jesse Smith's Dodge Charger. "I saw the tire blow on the 29 car," stated a dejected George "I steered to miss him and then I found myself sliding upside down across the track."
George was credited with a 31st place finishing position in the ARCA Racing Series opening event of the 2010 season. "I am really looking forward to racing again in the ARCA Series" stated George "I really had the time of my life this week."

Darrell Waltrip will join Rick Allen and Phil Parsons as SPEED TV presents today’s ARCA season opener. The race will be covered on cabler SPEED and online at SPEEDTV.com.
The focus of today’s race is of course JR Motorsports’ Danica Patrick making her stock car racing debut.
Patrick tells SPEED:
“I want to perform well … I want to do well. I want to know I’m ready. I think I’ve talked about it quite a few times – just the little things – pit stops and when do you put it into gear on a pit stop. I haven’t even done many burnouts in the car yet. There’s a whole way you can kind of slip the clutch and get it rolling. So, just little things and getting up to speed on cold tires in the car and where’s that limit?
“Once I’m at speed and running in traffic, I have a lot to learn there but I’m a little more comfortable because it’s more common racing situations and it’s just about feeling the car. I have a lot to learn but I’m excited to get going and hopefully it goes well.”
But she won’t be the only woman Lucas Oil Slick Mist 200. Patrick joins female drivers Alli Owens (starting 19th), Leilani Munter (25th), Jill George (38th), Milka Duno (41st) and Jennifer Jo Cobb (42nd).

If you really like this article, please promote this by sharing this on your favorite Social Networking location, by clicking below icons:

Share |

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...